Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan


Title: Save Me a Seat
Authors: Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan
Pages: 216
Finished: January 31, 2018

First Sentence: Most people in America cannot pronounce my name.

Summary: Ravi, top of his class and most popular boy at school in his hometown in India, is starting school in America. Confident that he'll maintain that position here in America, he soon finds over the course of his first week that things are very different in American schools.

Meanwhile, Joe navigates the first week of school trying very hard to not get noticed by the class bullies and failing miserably.

Thoughts: I really liked the construct of the book being told over the course of a week. For elementary school, the course of a week is a very long time. Book itself wasn't anything super special. As usual, I found myself infuriated at the failure of the adults in the story. I get why kids books get the adults out of the way so fast, but it always bugs me.

Read for my Bluestem challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment