Monday, January 29, 2018

Beneath by Roland Smith


Title: Beneath
Author: Roland Smith
Pages: 264
Finished: January 29, 2018

First Sentence: Exactly one year to the day after my brother, Coop, ditched me, I got a package in the mail. 

Summary: Pat's brother, Coop, has always been fairly eccentric. Obsessed with the underground. He disappears without a trace until one day, Pat receives a recording from him. And then, even those stop. Pat follows what clues he can, only to find Pat has gone underground in New York City. Can Pat find Coop before the leader of a cult gets rid of him for good?

Thoughts: Well, it's definitely a thriller. This is one of the few books on the list that didn't fit with the theme of kindness, helping those less fortunate, or shedding light on the plight of people in other countries. It was fairly mindless. I read it in about two days because I had to see how it ended. The book continues in a sequel called, appropriately, Above. Though after reading a few reviews of that, I don't think I need to take the time to read it.

Something to recommend to 4th graders and up. Read for the Caudill Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment