Saturday, December 30, 2017

Personal Reading Challenges

I've set two personal reading challenges for myself this year. The first one is to read all of David Mitchell's books in order. According to Mitchell, even though his novels don't have to be read in order, they all are vaguely part of one giant novel. I've read two of his novels already, and will be rereading both for this challenge as well as all the others. I'm hoping to finish this challenge by the end of July. The books are listed below:


1. Ghostwritten (1999)
2. number9dream (2001)
3. Cloud Atlas (2004)
4. Black Swan Green (2006)
5. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet (2010)
6. The Bone Clocks (2014)
7. Slade House (2015)



My second personal challenge is to finish out the year with five books from my miscellaneous To Be Read list.  I've decided to read down the list in order of what's there, otherwise, there are books that I'll never get to. If the book is the first in a series, I'm only counting the first book as part of this challenge. More books in the series will be read if and when I feel like it. The hope is to read one book a month for a total of five books by the end of December. The first five on my list are below.

1. Od Magic - Patricia A McKillip
2. Redemption in Indigo - Karen Lord
3. Shades of Milk and Honey - Mary Robinette Kowal
4. Little Big - John Crowley ILL
5. The Hourglass Factory - Lucy Ribchester

No comments:

Post a Comment