Sunday, April 28, 2019

How I Spent my Back to the Classics Winnings

I was so excited to win the Back to the Classics challenge last year. However, due to the fact that I don't buy a lot of books, I was wary on how I would spend my winnings. I opted for the Amazon gift card because I knew I could hang onto it for a while. 

I can now say that the gift card is now 100% used. With it, I bought the following books: 


Year of Wonder by Clemency Burton-Hill: I decided to listen to all the music in this playlist, but I cannot unfortunately keep the book out from the library for the entire year. This book has been wonderful so far, and it's going to be a great jumping off point for more music.


Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide: Yeah... the remaining money on the gift card paid for half of this. I found the other two core rulebooks cheaper somewhere else, but this one never came from said place, so I bought it from Amazon. I now have everything I need for my D&D campaign! So excited! 

I did not buy novels or other cozy to read books simply because I don't have a use for them in my house. I am a firm believer in utilizing my local library and the Interlibrary Loan services. So I'm really excited that I was able to use this gift certificate on items that will get a lot of use in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment