Monday, April 15, 2019

Edited to Reveal! Classic Club Spin 20

Spin 20 is Number 19!!

Which is one of the ones I was dreading. But that's okay. It's a classic on my actual club list, so it works out just fine. I'll pick it up at work today and start it after I finish the book I'm currently reading. 

Woot! Another Club spin! For those who haven't seen a spin before, it's this fun game the Classics Club does to help inspire us to read our lists. Members who wish to participate list 20 books from their classic club list and put them in a blog post. Then, the Club pulls a number between 1 and 20 out of a hat. Whatever title that corresponds to is the book you then read between when the number is pulled and the deadline, in this spin, May 31st.

My list is a little weird. I have enough books on my list to make 20. However, three of them are being read in a specific order for a different challenge. One of them is going to be next year's project, and three more are just super thick, so I plan to space them out due to the number of doorstops I have on my reading list this year. So, that brings my list down to 14! In order to fill it out, I added in six books from my Back to the Classics Challenge that aren't on my Club list, but that are still classics. List is categorized as follows: Books I Can't Wait to Read, Books I Keep Putting Off, Books I'm Neutral About, Books From My Back To The Classics Challenge.

Of the list, I'd really like it to be Barnaby Rudge since I'm currently only 100 pages into it and could use some inspiration. I think I'd be pretty okay with any of the other books, though I'll admit, anything that's super long gives me a bit of pause. 

  1. Picture of Dorian Grey
  2. Peter Pan
  3. East of Eden
  4. Breakfast at Tiffany's
  5. Little Princess
  6. Barnaby Rudge
  7. Twelfth Night
  8. King of Elfland's Daughter
  9. Possession
  10. Study in Scarlet
  11. Daniel Deronda
  12. Handmaid's Tale
  13. Fellowship of the Ring
  14. Winter's Tale
  15. Northanger Abbey
  16. Room with a View
  17. Emma
  18. Sanditon and Other Tales
  19. Wuthering Heights
  20. Mansfield Park

9 comments:

  1. Ooo, lots of Austen and Brontës ... love it! I really enjoyed The Picture of Dorian Grey but it took me until part way through to recognize Wilde's brilliance. Have a wonderful spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lots of Austen because I decided to reread all her novels this year! Here's hoping for something fun!

      Delete
  2. Great Choices...I've read a few of these. Don't know what to wish for you...all that I've read were very good. Oh, no wait. I'm not a fan of one of em. I won't sour you before you start though. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very excited for most of this list. Looking forward to Monday!

      Delete
  3. I read Barnaby Rudge last year and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. And like you, I keep putting East of Eden, although I really do want to read it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 200 pages into it and enjoying it! It just takes a ton of time, so I feel like I have to break it up with other books just to avoid falling into a reader's block.

      Delete
  4. Lovely list! I love all the Austen and A Little Princess is such a delight. I hope you enjoy whichever title you spin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the spin didn't work out as you wanted. It's been years since I've read Wuthering Heights, but I seem to remember enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There's a reason for my frustration which I'll post in my review when I get to it. I'm sure it'll be fine.

      Delete