Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Reads



Black Swan Green by David Mitchell - Personal Challenge
Love, Sex, and Staying Warm by Neil Rosenthal - Nonfiction Challenge
The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman - unaffiliated
The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman - unaffiliated
The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman - unaffiliated
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell - Personal Challenge
The Count of Monte Cristo (180 pages) by Alexandre Dumas - Back to the Classics
Travel's With My Aunt by Graham Greene - Book Club (not pictured)

Welp. Last month's reading didn't go as well as I had planned. Things were just... not great. So we'll get back on track. Black Swan Green is slow going, so I'm only going to work on reading one chapter of that a day. I don't want to bring Love, Sex, and Staying Warm out, so I'm going to keep that as an at home book that I read a bit of in the mornings before my daughter wakes up. The His Dark Materials trilogy should be quick, and I'll read that concurrently with Black Swan Green. I'm not worried about the other Mitchell or the Greene. As for Count of Monte Cristo, I plan on reading only 180 pages of it (or more depending on how much I get through before the month ends). It's a very long book, so I'm reading it in chunks. The goal is to finish it by December, which seems doable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment