Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest


Title: I Am Princess X
Author: Cherie Priest
Pages: 227
Finished: October 26, 2017

First Sentence: Libby Deaton and May Harper invented Princess X in fifth grade, when Libby's leg was in a cast, and May had a doctor's note saying she couldn't run around the track anymore because her asthma would totally kill her.

Summary: May's life is thrown into turmoil when her best friend dies after a horrible accident. Until three years later when she starts seeing the character she and Libby made up together all around Seattle. What follows next is a race to find her friend and bring Libby's kidnapper to justice before he finds them.

Thoughts: Meh. I know that's lazy, but that's pretty much how I felt about this one. Really fun to read while reading it - I got through it incredibly quickly. But in terms of actual quality? Meh.

The Good: Strong female characters in a vaguely real world life. May was pretty smart, and she did figure a lot of things out. Libby was clearly strong. No romance plot which was refreshing for a YA novel.

The Bad: I'm sorry, how can Patrick be such a computer genius and not know about a VPN? I mean, I get that they're all of 17 or 18, but some of the mistakes were so completely boneheaded.

Read for my Caudill challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment