Saturday, July 1, 2017

July Reads



1. Thomas the Rhymer by Ellen Kushner - Retellings Challenge
2. Who was Louis Braille by Margaret Frith - Bluestem Challenge
3. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier - Retellings Challenge
4. House Arrest by K. A. Holt - Caudill Challenge
5. Hilo: The Boy who Crashed to Earth by Judi Winick - Bluestem Challenge
6. Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton - Caudill Challenge
7. The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
8. The Odyssey by Homer - Back to the Classics Challenge
9. The Patchwork Girl of Oz by L Frank Baum - Wizard of Oz Challenge
10. Catch - 22 by Joseph Heller - Back to the Classics Challenge

Ahahahahah! Look at that stack of books! It's enormous, and there is no way I'm reading it in a month. Focus is on the Bluestems and Caudills, the Oz book, Catch-22, and Thomas the Rhymer. You'll notice I picked two slim novels for the Bluestems, and the Caudill titled House Arrest is in verse.

I am also reading Miracle Morning in the mornings. It's a book I picked up for personal development, and while it reads like a sales pitch, some of the ideas are great. So I'm going to continue reading that in the morning as one of the parts to my morning routine. Once I finish that (which should take the week), I'm going to plug The Odyssey in there instead. I expect this to be a 9 week endeavor.

The Marillier was a can't help myself. I've always seen it categorized as an adult novel, but my library has it set as a Teen novel. I'm counting it for my Retelling Challenge regardless.

ALSO, there's an 11th book that will probably end up on this list. I'm continuing a children's series called the Lockwood and Company series. I have book three on hold and will probably push all reading aside to finish it because the books are mild horror books and therefore have to be read as quickly as possible so I don't get too freaked out.

And now off to the reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment