Sunday, March 29, 2020

Quarter 1 Goal Check in

Total Books Read: 9
Beat the Backlist: 6
Virtual Mount To Be Read: 6
Classics Club: 1
Austen Challenge: 1
Newford Challenge: 1
Reading Classic Books: 1
Library Love Challenge: 8
Back to the Classics: 1


Top Three for the Quarter:

  1. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
  2. Uprooted by Naomi Novik
  3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Thoughts:

I averaged out three books a month. Of course, I would have loved to be able to read more, but with how this year has gone so far, I feel like three a month is about right. And for the most part, I've enjoyed what I've read. In fact, it was really difficult choosing my top three for the quarter. I finally decided to go with books I'd never read before, but Austen was definitely hanging out as a top contender as well.

As for next quarter, I'm not entirely sure how things are going to go. Because of the Covid19 Pandemic, I'm working from home which means reading for work is happening from home as well. So I need to balance that out with my regular reading. I'm also going to have a baby within the next four weeks which will affect my reading a ton. Not sure how, just know that it will. And we had to put our cat down which I was not exactly expecting. I have a bunch of books I've been looking forward to, but I'm considering ignoring them all and rereading Harry Potter. I don't know. I'm just done with this whole year.

Currently I have Anna Karenina and Room With a View going at the same time. I'm also working my way through the campaign guide to Storm King's Thunder for D&D, and I have a number of ARCs on Netgalley to read for work which I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment