Monday, September 16, 2019

Classic Club Spin 21

EDITED: Spin Number is Number 5! A Little Princess! I'm excited to read it even if it's not Daniel Deronda. Looks like my next 5-ish weeks of reading are cut out for me!

Woot! Another Club spin! For those who haven't seen a spin before, it's this fun game the Classics Club does to help inspire us to read our lists. Members who wish to participate list 20 books from their classic club list and put them in a blog post. Then, the Club pulls a number between 1 and 20 out of a hat. Whatever title that corresponds to is the book you then read between when the number is pulled and the deadline, in this spin, October 31st.

My list is a little weird. I have enough books on my list to make 20.However one of them is going to be next year's project, and three more are just super thick, so I plan to space them out due to the number of doorstops I have on my reading list this year. So, that brings my list down to 12! In order to fill it out, I added in six books from my Back to the Classics Challenge that aren't on my Club list, but that are still classics. List is categorized as follows: Books I Can't Wait to Read, Books I Keep Putting Off, Books I'm Neutral About, Books From My Back To The Classics Challenge.

Daniel Deronda is on there five times because it's taking me ages to read and I need inspiration to finish. Out of all of these, I would most prefer Daniel Deronda, though I'd be pretty happy with Return of the King or Emma as all three are started and then haven't actually been read.

Also, it's worth noting, I tried to take out most of my giant books because the next Book of Dust novel comes out in October and I plan on reading that right away. It's huge. I'm excited. So I wanted to make sure whatever I did have was something I could finish in the time allotted OR something that I had already started and just wanted to finish.


  1. Picture of Dorian Grey
  2. Peter Pan
  3. Daniel Deronda
  4. Daniel Deronda
  5. Little Princess
  6. Persuasion 
  7. Daniel Deronda
  8. King of Elfland's Daughter
  9. Possession
  10. Study in Scarlet
  11. Daniel Deronda
  12. Handmaid's Tale
  13. Pride and Prejudice
  14. Daniel Deronda
  15. Northanger Abbey
  16. Room with a View
  17. Emma
  18. Sanditon and Other Tales
  19. Return of the King
  20. Mansfield Park

16 comments:

  1. Good luck with Daniel Deronda, one way or the other! Though the Jane Austens are all an awful lot of fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Austen and it's about time I reread her works. So I'll be plenty pleased if I get one of those as well.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with Daniel Deronda, although your others (I've at least heard of most of them) sound good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd be happy with most of the titles on this list. I just specifically want to finish a couple of titles!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw another list with Dorian Gray! Perfect October read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm really looking forward to which number I'll get!

      Delete
  5. Great list. I hope you draw a Jane Austen, but I'm also rooting for Handmaid's Tale. Odds are in favor of Daniel Deronda, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love any Jane Austen. Love Austen so much!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read Daniel Deronda, but I love some of the others on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is that's taking me so long with this book. I was really looking forward to it, but boy is it rough.

      Delete
  7. Well, I’m rooting for The Little Princess, but I hope you get Daniel Deronda and are able to finish it. That would be a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly would be. I feel like my list has a couple doorstops on it that are threatening to pile up at the end of my list... and I'm not happy about it!

      Delete
  8. Can't go wrong with a bit of Jane Austen - I have some of her novels on my list as comforting re-reads and her short/unfinished work on it for new reads. I also recently finished reading A Little Princess, which I thought was delightful. So I think you have lots of nice books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! About half this list is rereads, so at least I'll be familiar with them!

      Delete