Monday, November 5, 2018

November Reads

The Time Machine by H.G. Wells - Back to the Classics and Family Book Discussion
The Cow Tail Switch and Other West African Folktales
The Little Book of Hygge
Little Big by John Crowley - Personal Reading Challenge
The Children of Rookskill Castle
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
(The Hourglass Factory by Lucy Ribchester - Personal Reading Challenge)
(The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - Back to the Classics)
(One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Back to the Classics)

The first three books are fairly short, so I think I'll get through them rather quickly. For sure, I want to get through Time Machine before Thanksgiving as we're reading it before my brother's wedding. I picked up The Cow-Tail Switch because it has the folktale that Redemption In Indigo is based off of. I'd like to learn more about West African folklore. The Little Book of Hygge caught my eye on a display at work. I read a couple pages and immediately felt a connection with said book. It's quick, so I think I'll manage it. Little Big is another book recommended as similar to Jonathan Strange. It has a ton of very tiny print, so I'm hoping it goes well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment