Sunday, January 22, 2017

Retellings Challenge 2017


This is the last challenge I'm signing up for (except for the Bluestem and Caudill challenge in February). The challenge is hosted by Once Upon a Bookcase. It's fairly simple. Read retellings of fairytales, myths, famous legends, etc. I'm reading at the medium level of 5 - 8 books. As of right now, I'm thinking six books. I have no list for this - I'm hoping to just find stuff as I go along. I'd like for this to be all adult books rather than YA or middle grade as the point of this blog is to read more adult books. But if I'm finding that difficult, I'll definitely start looking in the children's section again. Books read will be listed here.

1. The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey
2. Thomas the Rhymer by Elen Kushner
3. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
4. The Bear and the Nightengale by Katherine Arden
5. The Once and Future King by T. H. White
6. Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Dennis McKiernan

Possible Reads:




Fairy Tale Possiblities

No comments:

Post a Comment