Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Children's Books Read in March

The Golden Specific by S. E. Grove

Book 2 in the Mapmakers Trilogy. This was incredibly compelling, and I could not put it down. I found it to be a great continuation of the story with a satisfying ending point for part of the story. I'm still fascinated by this world and the different Ages. 

The Crimson Skew by S. E. Grove

The conclusion to The Mapmakers Trilogy. This book takes place almost immediately after the second part. I found the storylines to fall in line quite nicely though I do feel that two side characters were a bit forgotten. Still, the trilogy concluded satisfactorily for me. I'd definitely recommend the entire trilogy to middle grade fantasy readers.

Cathedral of Bones by A. J. Steiger

A horror novel in the Lovecraftian Mythos. I picked it up actually thinking it was fantasy, and I suppose it does kind of fit that bill. But it's more horror. A little slow to start, but once the main character left town, things picked up. The book is billed as Middle Grade but I definitely feel it's more 7th grade and up. Main character is 16 and the storyline is pretty dark. A good bridge for kids wanting more than the standard middle grade affair but not quite ready for YA.

No comments:

Post a Comment