Saturday, January 2, 2021

2021 Back to the Classics and Chunkster

I really like the Back to the Classics and have decided it will be one of two I sign up for this year to help motivate me as I work through my Classics Club list. I'm not assigning any books, though I've gone ahead and categorized my remaining books where they fit. I'll link everything at the end of the year. I'm also signing up for the Chunkster Reading Challenge as most of these books are fairly hefty.


1. A 19th century classic: A Study In Scarlet

2. A 20th century classic: East of Eden, Endless Night

3. A classic by a woman author. Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Endless Night

4. A classic in translation: Don Quixote, Anna Karenina

5. A classic by BIPOC author: ???

6. A classic by a new-to-you author: Vanity Fair or Anna Karenina or Don Quixote

7. New-to-you classic by a favorite author: East of Eden or Endless Night

8. A classic about an animal, or with an animal in the title: ???

9. A children's classic. Peter Pan

10. A humorous or satirical classic: Martin Chuzzlewit

11. A travel or adventure classic: ???

12. A classic play: A Winter's Tale

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Chunkster Reading Challenge. Happy Reading in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a place on your blog where I can subscribe to it by email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for signing up! I loved East of Eden and I always love Dickens, hardly anyone reads Martin Chuzzlewit anymore! And you can't go wrong with Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in college, I decided I was going to read all his works in... publication order? Or written order? I don't remember. But I started with Sketches by Boz and went from there. I'm definitely finding some books that I never hear people talk about.

      Delete
  4. You have some great possibilities here! I loved East of Eden, P&P, A Study in Scarlet, and Persuasion. The chunkster challenge sounds like something I should look into!

    Here are my Back to Classics picks, if interested: https://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2021/01/back-to-classics-2021-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete