Wednesday, January 8, 2020

What We're Reading Wednesday - January 8 edition

I found a book meme that I think I'll try to participate in as part of my motivation for my own reading. It's called What We're Reading Wednesday hosted here. Don't know that I'll participate every week, but it seems fun. All you have to do is answer the following three easy questions.  


What are you currently reading?

I'm currently working my way through Anna Karenina at 20 minutes a day + one sentence summary per chapter. This book has been on my Classic Club list since I started it, but I've been terrified to start it due to it's doorstop nature and the fact that it's Russian. For some reason, I feel like giant, Russian literature is always on those, "Books you should read but no one does" lists. I have to say, at 20 minutes a day, it's been quite enjoyable. The book itself is fairly easy. I have no issue summarizing what I read, nor do I feel like I'm spacing out as I read it. Of course, little has happened as of yet. In fact, I have yet to meet the title character. But I'm excited to continue!


What did you recently finish reading?
Uprooted by Naomi Novik. This was right in my wheelhouse. Review is here. It was nice to start the year off with a book that enjoyable.


What do you think you’ll read next?
I'm starting Picture of Dorian Gray tonight. I also have a de Lint novel and an Austen novel stacked on my nightstand and The Geurnsey Literary Potato Peel Pie Society coming to me via ILL, so I've plenty of material in the upcoming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. AK is a favorite, and though meaty, it's not difficult to follow.

    DG and TGLPP are easier in comparison, but thought provoking as well.

    ReplyDelete