Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery


Title: The Little Prince
Author: Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Pages: 84
Finished: March 1, 2018

First Sentence: Once when I was six I saw a magnificent picture in a book about the jungle, called True Stories.

Summary: An unnamed narrator is stranded in the desert. While trying to fix his plane, a random boy pops up asking the narrator to draw a sheep. The little boy, dubbed the Little Prince by our narrator, slowly tells the story of life on his planet and his journey to Earth.

Thoughts: Okay, so it's a bad summery. I'm having a hard time summarizing this one because the feel is just so... surreal. This book has been on the edge of my attention since seventh grade French class (a little under two decades ago!) My parents asked to read it for out book discussion this month, and considering it was under 100 pages, I was happy to do so.

I was left with a hole in my heart. I was at work, so I couldn't take time to cry the way I wanted to, but it definitely affected me. This was a beautiful story. Beautiful enough that I think I'm going to add it to my personal shelves at home so we can read it with my kid some day. The messages were very apropos today as they were back in World War II. I'm very glad we read this.

Read for my family book discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment