Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Lost Princess of Oz by L Frank Baum


Title: The Lost Princess of Oz
Author: L. Frank Baum
Pages: 318
Finished: November 29, 2017

First Sentence: There could be no doubt of the fact: Princess Ozma, the lovely girl ruler of the Fairyland of Oz, was lost.

Summary: As seen by the first sentence, Princess Ozma is lost. Soon, our friends in Oz discover that Glinda's magic book, Ozma's magic picture, and the Wizard's magical instruments are also all missing. Meanwhile, down in Yip (a plateau in the corner of the Land of the Winkies), Cayke the Cookie Cook discovers her magical dishpan is also missing. Many of our friends from the Emerald City go off on a quest to find Ozma just as Cayke and the Frogman venture on a quest to find the dishpan.

Thoughts: I liked this book far more than most of the odd middle books in this series. Sure it was ridiculous, but I liked most of the characters far more. I liked the plot more. And I couldn't even tell you what it is about the book that I liked, I just found it far less obnoxious than most of his others. I was not a huge fan of Scraps. I don't remember her being quite so bratty. Also, I was very annoyed by the continuity error of Dorothy not knowing how to use the Magic Belt. She totally knew what she was doing when she first got it!

Read for the Wizard of Oz Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment