Sunday, April 2, 2017

April Reads



1. Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate - Bluestem Challenge
2. The Bitter Side of Sweet by Zara Sullivan - Caudill Challenge
3. The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett - Bluestem Challenge
4. Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead - Caudill Challenge
5. How to Raise and Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims - for fun
6. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - Back to the Classics
7. Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz by L Frank Baum - Wizard of Oz Challenge
8. The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey - Retellings Challenge/Personal Challenge

Full disclosure, I'm 300 pages into Fairy Godmother, so that won't be so difficult to finish. I've started breaking up my reading differently too. Since I am allowed to read children's literature while on the desk at work, I've started reading Bluestems/Caudills/Wizard of Oz books on the weekends and Monday when I work. Then Tuesday through Friday I read adult literature.

I'm most looking forward to How to Raise and Adult even though it's not something for my challenge list.

Gone With the Wind intimidates me a bit. I'm hoping it goes well, but I wonder if it'll take a little longer than just one month to finish.

The Caudills are the last two of the ones that I marked as not interested in reading, so hopefully they'll surprise me the way the other four did. I don't have much of an opinion on the Bluestems other than they should be fairly quick reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment