Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Moonheart by Charles de Lint


Title: Moonheart
Author: Charles de Lint
Pages: 446
Finished: 2/19/17
First Sentence: Sara Kendell once read somewhere that the tale of the world is like a tree.

Summary: Sara finds a medicine bag in the back of her uncle's shop one day. Meanwhile, Kieran's mentor has disappeared, John Tucker - a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police - is part of a paranormal investigative project, and Jamie Tams is discovering his house seems to have a bit of a life of it's own. All stories begin to intertwine as the characters discover their paths in a story weaving the myths of the ancient Celts with those of the ancient Native Americans.

Thoughts: I really wanted to like this. I've loved the other de Lint books I've read, and assumed this would be just as awesome. I finished the book to see the story to the end, but it was a slog. The best parts were Tamson House itself. I could have read an entire book on that. Overall, I felt the book was just too slow with perhaps too many threads that were handled a little too clumsily. Much like that previous sentence I just wrote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment