Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Classic Club Spin 24

EDITED! Spin number is 18: Twelfth Night for me! I've never read this one before, nor have I seen any adaptation other than She's the Man. Just put my preferred edition on hold at the library and hope to pick it up in a week's time!
  1. Winter's Tale 
  2. East of Eden 
  3. Pride and Prejudice
  4. Study in Scarlet 
  5. Martin Chuzzlewit
  6. Persuasion
  7. Endless Night 
  8. Sanditon and Other Tales
  9. Peter Pan
  10. Persuasion
  11. Study in Scarlet 
  12. Sanditon and Other Tales
  13. Peter Pan 
  14. Winter's Tale 
  15. Twelfth Night 
  16. Endless Night 
  17. Anna Karenina 
  18. Twelfth Night 
  19. Handmaid's Tale 
  20. Pride and Prejudice
Hoo boy! Last Spin crashed and burned hard, but that's understandable as I was in my third trimester / just had a baby. 

Now, it's been no secret that my reading has stalled mightily as previous blog posts state. Classics definitely haven't been much in my wheelhouse at the moment. Perhaps the spin will give me that push! 

This time around, I curated my list with the remaining books on my club list plus a couple classics from other challenges I wanted to sign up for this year. That resulted in 15 books. I doubled the list, sent it through a randomizer, and then curated from there. While we do have 8 weeks, I took some of the longest books either off my spin list entirely, or just made sure they only appeared once. 

Most looking forward to? One of the Austen novels. 
Hoping it's not? Anything over 400 pages. Also, not really in the mood for a dystopia.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you get Jane Austen! Persuasion and P&P are tied for my favorite, though I love them all. I also liked a Study in Scarlet and East of Eden. Good luck with your spin pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Those are tied for my favorites as well. There's actually quite a few on here I want to read... and quite a few that I want to read but I'm not really dying to read right now.

      Delete
  2. I hope you get 2, it's my favorite by Steinbeck. Here's mine https://wordsandpeace.com/2020/08/06/the-classics-club-the-classics-spin-24/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've read a number of his other works, but somehow never got to this one. My parents both speak highly of it.

      Delete
  3. You've got some great ones on your list. Persuasion is my favorite Austen. Here's mine: http://carolsnotebook.com/2020/08/06/classics-club-spin-24/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a huge fan of Persuasion. It's tied as my favorite with Pride and Prejudice - I tend to switch them back and forth depending on stage of life when I'm reading.

      Delete