Thursday, March 2, 2017

March Reads


1. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell - Classics Challenge Written by a Women Author
2. The Boy on the Wooden Box by Leon Leyson - Caudill Challenge
3. Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D. Schmidt - Caudill Challenge
4. Hour of the Bees by Lindsay Eagar - Caudill Challenge
5. Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum - Wizard of Oz Read Along
6. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker - Personal Reading Challenge To Be Read List
7. The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey - Retellings Challenge
8. Drowned City: Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans by Don Brown - Caudill Challenge

Ambitious. Actually, last month was the ambitious month. Normally I would only read two Caudills in a month, but we don't have the Bluestem list yet (another children's challenge) so I'm going to knock four out of the way this month and maybe four Bluestems next month.

The Lackey and the Wecker didn't get read last month, primarily because it took me SO LONG to read Jungle Book and Moonheart. I didn't realize how long Wives and Daughters is (600+ pages!), so I think I'm going to break it up every 100 pages or so with another book.

Ideally I'd like to get through all of these. Reality? I anticipate managing all the children's books, and possibly one of the adult books. Of course, if any of the Caudills don't grab me, it'll take longer. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment